Diaconal Studies (B.A.) and Social Work (B.A.)
|Bachelor of Arts
|Standard duration of study
|Mode of study
|Full-time or part-time
|Language of instruction
How can people in crisis situations be supported? What are the special needs of displaced persons or people who want to settle in another country? How can the causes of flight be combated and how is it possible to live together in cultural and religious diversity - in our society, in concregations and in youth work? How does Christian faith impact a just and sustainable living together?
You will deal with these questions in the degree program in Diaconal Studies combined with the degree program in Social Work. This will enable you to work in Germany and worldwide in many aid organizations, e.g. the church and diaconia, and contribute to a more humane world!
- diverse study contents: e.g. religion, ethics, counseling, experiential education, law...
- 2 Bachelor's degrees within 9 semesters of regular study time: Diaconal Science and Social Work
- state-approved as a social worker AND church employability as a deacon
- small study groups and good community (30 study places per year)
- intensive practical experience: extensive practical projects in the 3rd and 4th semesters, the 5th semester is a complete practical semester
- semester abroad (study and practice) and combination with the study program International Social Work possible
Please also note the general information for the diaconate. You can find them here.
There are two possible ways to become a deacon!
Two programs lead to the diaconate of the Lutheran Church in Württemberg: In addition to diaconal science, there is the study program in Religious Education in combination with Social Work. Please note the information on the overview page about the diaconal study programs at the EH: Link
All study programs at EH Ludwigburg are taught in German. Therefore, German language skills with the level C1 are a prerequisite for you to enroll in the study program. For more information please visit the Study Application page.
We offer an exchange program in English for students from our partner universities who study with us for one semester. Visit our International Office page for more information.