Arriving in Germany

First of all: Welcome to Germany!

After your arrival, you need to register your residency at the Ludwigsburg town hall (Einwohnermeldebehörde and Ausländerbehörde). For this registration you need the following documents:

  • Enrolment certificate (you will get it at the EH)
  • Documents concerning financial situation, scholarship contract
  • Confirmation of health insurance
  • Passport
  • Two biometrical passport pictures

You will be introduced at the EH by the International Office. The EH will provide you with a certificate of enrolment (Studienausweis). For the certificate of enrolment, you need one more passport picture, your visa documents, and a copy of your health insurance certificate.

As a regular procedure, you will have the chance to participate in German language classes at the University of Education Ludwigsburg (PH Ludwigsburg) which is a partner university of the EH Ludwigsburg. The PH Ludwigsburg is situated some 5 kms. from the EH Campus. They offer classes at different levels so that beginners and more experienced students can attend. Let us know before your arrival if you are interested in attending language classes.

The EH Ludwigsburg runs a Buddy Program which can be helpful for you. Several students of the EH have agreed to “Buddy” incoming students. This means that the buddies will help especially in your first weeks of adjustment in Germany. The buddies will provide orientation in the campus and city surroundings, study programs and requirements, and supportive information for your intercultural adjustment. Since you will be provided with the contact data of your buddy, you are then advised to get in contact with your buddy before your arrival in Germany.

At the end of your stay, the EH will hand you a certificate of completion and a transcript of records for your home university.